Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa

The Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191) is available to applicants who have lived and worked in designated regional areas of Australia for at least three years, earning a minimum taxable income.

permanent residence skilled regional visa

What are you allowed to do on the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191)?

The Skilled Regional visa is a permanent residency visa. As such, you and your family are allowed to do the following:

  • Stay in Australia indefinitely.
  • Work and study.
  • Enroll in Medicare.
  • Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.
  • Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.
  • Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted.

The requirements

You must be in Australia and meet the 'lived and worked in' requirements to apply for a subclass 191 visa. You must also already hold one of the following visas:

The normal health and good character requirements also apply.

Who can assist you?

The first point to note is that only licensed immigration agents or those exempt can give you advice that is backed up by the Migration Agents Authority.

As such, you should only deal with agents who appear on the MARA website. Intergate Emigration's agents are licensed and registered with MARA.

Get your permanent residence application right the first time with the help of our licensed advisors

MARA Licensed Agents

Our immigration agents are licensed by MARA, giving you complete peace of mind during your migration.

Get in touch

South Africa +27 (0) 21 202 8200
Germany +49 (0) 896 987 13

Our latest blog posts