The Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143)
While this Parent subclass is not a quick solution by any stretch of the imagination, as it takes up to 40 months to process, it’s the preferred alternative to the Parent Visa for many applicants. Especially as the subclass 143 visa also allows you to stay in Australia on a permanent basis.
Let’s see if you stand a chance to qualify for the Contributory Parent visa:
Main eligibility criteria
You must have a child who is:
- An Australian citizen;
- A permanent resident; or
- An eligible New Zealand citizen.
You must have a sponsor
You must be sponsored for this visa. Usually you would be sponsored by an eligible child. If your child is under 18, you can be sponsored by an eligible relative or community organisation.
Health and character requirements
Other eligibility criteria
You’ll have to meet the balance-of-family test unless:
- You currently hold a Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173).
- Your Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173) ended in the 28 days immediately before you apply for a Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143).
- Your subclass 884 visa ended more than 28 days before you apply for a Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143) but you can show compassionate and compelling reasons to be considered to still hold the visa.
Other important information to note
As mentioned at the start, the Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143) lets you stay in Australia indefinitely. In addition, this visa enables you to:
- Work and study in Australia.
- Enrol in Medicare.
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.
- Travel to and from Australia for five years.
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if you’re eligible.
Assess your eligibility for a Contributory Parent visa
Would you like to apply for Contributory Parent Visa? Then the starting point is an eligibility assessment.
This assessment will show if you are eligible for a subclass 143 visa, or perhaps another visa, and act as a solid base for your emigration.
Sound good? Then book your assessment online now or give us a call on +27 (0) 11 234 4275. The initial assessment is free of charge. You have nothing to lose!