Business Talent Visa (subclass 132) - When you have state nomination to set up or invest in a business
The Business Talent visa (subclass 132) is one of the subclasses within the Business Innovation and Investment program.
It is meant for prospective immigrants who want to set up or invest into a business in Australia, and who have state nomination to do so. Successful applicants will receive permanent residency in Australia.
The different streams under the Business Talent visa (subclass 132)
The Business Talent visa has two different streams:
- Significant Business History stream: For business owners of a high calibre.
- Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream: For those who have secured venture capital from the Australian Venture Capital Association Limited (AVCAL).
Who can apply?
- Significant Business History stream: You can apply under this stream if you have a net business and personal assets of at least AU$1.5 million and an annual business turnover of at least AU$3 million.
- Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream: You can apply under this stream if you have least AU$1 million in venture capital funding to start the commercialisation and development of a high-value business idea in Australia.
You must comply with the following criteria to be able to apply for a Business Talent visa:
- Nomination by a state or territory government.
- An invitation to apply from SkillSelect.
- Meet health and character requirements. This also applies to family members, whether or not they are included in your application.
- Any additional requirements for the stream in which you apply.
The application process
There are four steps in the application process:
What can you do on a Business Talent visa?
The Business Talent visa (subclass 132) is a permanent residence visa. As such, this permit allows you and your family members to:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely.
- Work and study.
- Enrol in Medicare.
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if you are eligible.
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted. Subsequent to this, you must apply for a new visa if you do not have citizenship.
Who can assist with your visa application?
There are many horror stories of people placing their faith and money in companies and individuals, only to be let down and lose thousands of their savings.
This makes screening the person or company you approach for advice on Australian immigration a non negiotable step in the process.
The golden rule to follow is here is always this:
If you cannot find an agent on the official Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA) website, do not use them.
You can search the MARA website here and also check the credentials of our licensed immigration agents here.
Take the first step by booking a FREE initial assessment today. It's the only way to find out if you qualify for a Business Talent visa.
MARA Licensed Agents
Our immigration agent is licensed by MARA, giving you complete peace of mind during your migration.
Get in touch
South Africa +27 (0) 21 202 8200
UK +44 (0) 2038 732150
Germany +49 (0) 896 987 13