Business Innovation and Investment program - For Entrepreneurs
Do you want to move to Australia to set up a business or invest in a company? Then the Business Innovation and Investment program is for you.
1. Business Innovation Stream (Provisional) visa (subclass 188)
The subclass 188 visa under the Business Innovation and Investment program has four streams:
- Business Innovation stream: For individuals with business skills. It lets you operate a new or existing business in Australia.
- Investor stream: This provisional visa requires you to invest at least AUD2.5 million in an Australian State or Territory and maintain business or investment activity in Australia.
- Significant investor stream: This provisional visa is for people who invest at least AUD5 million in Australian investments that meet certain requirements and maintain investment activity in Australia.
- Entrepreneur stream: For individuals who want to carry out entrepreneurial activities in Australia.
2. Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent ) visa (subclass 888)
The Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888) under the Business Innovation and Investment program is the second stage of the Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188). You can apply for this visa after you have fulfilled the requirements of your provisional visa.
Who can help you
When you want to migrate to Australia, you must deal with a registered or exempt licensed immigration agents.
If you use anyone else, you won't benefit from the services of a fully licensed and registered consultant. That is, someone who is knowledgeable and who can be held accountable.
This is why we're happy to share that Intergate Emigration has three fully licensed Australian immigration agents. You can view their details here.
Please also be aware of individuals with DIBP numbers. These numbers are not license numbers. It is simply a number used for admin purposes by immigration companies outside of Australia. Therefore the person you're dealing with is not necessarily licensed!
In conclusion - do not deal with anyone who does not appear on the official licensed immigration advisers website. You can do a search for surnames here. It is a simple search to do and will deliver results quickly.
Want to know if you qualify to immigrate through
the business innovation and investment program?
MARA Licensed Agents
Our immigration agents are licensed by MARA, giving you complete peace of mind during your migration.
Get in touch
South Africa +27 (0) 21 202 8200
UK +44 (0) 2038 732150
Germany +49 (0) 896 987 13