Wanted: Full-time/Part Time/Casual Vet – Queensland
A Queensland veterinary clinic is seeking the service of an experienced vet or new graduate. The clinic is willing to sponsor the successful applicant’s visa.
The first step
Please read the job description below.
If you’d like to apply for the position, the starting point is a consultation call with our licensed immigration advisor to see if you meet the requirements to apply for an Australian work visa.
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to apply for the job if you don’t qualify for a work visa.
The job description
A Queensland veterinary clinic is looking for a veterinarian that wants a harmonious work-life balance and positive leadership.
Details about the employer:
We are an independently-owned, fully-equipped vet clinic that serves the entire Gold Coast via our home consultations. We have a great team of vet nurses, receptionists, vets and a practice manager that are passionate about patient and client care.
Our aim is to have a safe and enjoyable work environment, and we handle conflict with empathy and continuously work to keep a well-integrated team. We enjoy our jobs and we believe that our industry needs a change.
You will have the option of working in the clinic or in our mobile units, where a vet nurse will assist with your house calls.
Our base clinic is fully equipped with all the sparkly things you want:
- DR and dental Xrays,
- Idexx blood test machines,
- Excellent dental equipment,
- Infusion pumps, etc.
We all know this job is tough, and some clients can be difficult, so we are committed to having time to simply be happy at work.
- Perform clinical procedures and surgeries (including examination & diagnosis, pathological testing, procedures and surgeries, prescription & administration of medication)
- Engage with the team in a collaborative effort for the best outcome of the patient
- Offer gold standard care to all patients
- Build rapport with clients and provide excellent customer service
What are we looking for:
- A new grad or experienced vet that is keen to change the current status quo of our industry
- A vet that understands that importance of positivity, and who continuously engages with clients
- A person that understands self awareness, and someone who is willing to develop their soft skills even further
We can offer you:
- Excellent salary package of between $70,000 and $120,000 per year which recognizes your skills, experience and commitment
- One week study leave and $1500 towards CPD
- Enrolment in two of the Lincoln Institute programs to develop your skills – ‘Leading Edge’ and ‘Emerging Leaders’
- A positive and vibrant team
- A leadership team that is continuously seeking your feedback and that wants you to be happy and feel supported at work
- You’ll be able to dedicate more time to your patients (30min consults).
- We strive to manage our clients’ expectations every step of the way – communication is the key in our profession.
- The appointment list is well organised by our dedicated receptionists. They are highly skilled in handling the phone calls and dealing with demanding clients.
- Our nurses are highly trained in patient care. They can manage complicated anaesthetics very well, giving you peace of mind during tricky surgeries.
If you do home consults you will always have the help of your home base clinic with all the whistles, technology, staff, and anything else you’ll need.
When driving from client to client, you’ll drive through the Gold Coast’s beautiful scenery, drive from the coast to the bush – and you’ll always find a great coffee shop where you can pull over for lunch (lunchtime is mandatory!).
We are flexible with time, with your roster, with your appointment list, with how you want to handle your day, and with your special interest.
Wanting some time in the clinic to do surgeries, dentals, consults, x-rays, etc? No problem! We work with our strengths, and we focus on what brings us joy and purpose.
Ready to give it a go? Come and see what we are doing!
Take the first step
During the consultation call, Katrin will explain your visa options, talk you through the process, costs, and timelines involved, and answer any questions you might have.