Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887) - Work visa with permanent residency
The Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887) is available to applicants who have lived and worked in specific areas of regional Australia. You must have lived in the area for two years and worked in the area for one year.
What are you allowed to do on the Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887)?
The Skilled Regional visa is a permanent residency visa. As such, you and your family are allowed to do the following:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely.
- Work and study.
- Enroll in Medicare.
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted.
You must be in Australia and meet the 'lived and worked in' requirements to apply for a Skilled Regional visa. You must also already hold one of the following visas:
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489).
- Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 495).
- Skilled Designated Area Sponsored (Provisional) visa (subclass 496).
- Skilled Regional Sponsored visa (subclass 475 or 487).
The normal health and good character requirements also apply.
Who can assist you?
The first point to note is that only licensed immigration agents or those exempt can give you advice that is backed up by the Migration Agents Authority.
Another word of caution: Beware of agents based outside of Australia with DIBP numbers. These numbers may look official but are only issued for administrative purposes. DIBP numbers are not a sign that an agent is qualified or licensed by MARA.
Take the first step towards Australian permanent residency by finding out if you meet all the requirements for a Skilled Regional visa.
MARA Licensed Agents
Our immigration agent is licensed by MARA, giving you complete peace of mind during your migration.
Get in touch
South Africa +27 (0) 21 202 8200
UK +44 (0) 2038 732150
Germany +49 (0) 896 987 13