Australian Employer Sponsored visas
In many cases employers are unable to fill a vacancy in the labour market. They will then turn to the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) to nominate individuals for specific full-time positions. This is where employer sponsored visas enter the picture.
What is employer sponsored visas?
The main objective behind the employer sponsored visa for Australia is fill vacancies with international candidates. This usually happens when employers in Australia are unable to fill the current vacancies from the Australian labour market or through their own training endeavors.
What are the employers sponsored visa categories?
There are two potential employer sponsored categories:
- The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) subclass 186
- The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) subclass 187
What is the difference between The Employer Nomination Scheme and The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme?
This stream is geared towards helping employers, who are situated anywhere in Australia. It assists in proving permanent residency to successful applicants.
The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme on the other hand is geared towards employers who are situated in regional or low population areas in Australia. It also provides successful applicants with permanent residency.
What are the three employer sponsored Visa Streams?
The Employer Nomination Scheme and The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme are made up for three different streams.
- The Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) stream – for existing subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for the same employer for 2 years in Australia.
- The Direct Entry (DE) stream – for some skilled foreign workers who do not meet the requirements of the TRT stream. This can include high income earners and some New Zealanders.
- The Labour Agreement (‘Agreement’) stream – for individuals sponsored under a labour agreement or Regional Migration Agreement which has been specially negotiated with the Department.
Is it hard to apply for an employer sponsored visa?
As with all the visa categories, there are set requirements which you will need to meet. Please note in order to qualify you will need to be under 50 years of age.
The application process is made up of various parts. Firstly the nomination by the employer, followed by the actual visa application by the individual being nominated.
I would like more information on Employer Sponsored Visas
If you have any questions with regard to employer sponsored visas, the Australia immigration process or any other immigration related questions that you would like answered then , feel free to get in touch with us, simply call us on +27 (0) 21 202 8200 or email us here.