Australia adds 22 occupations to the PMSOL!
The PMSOL now includes 41 occupations
On 22 June, the Minister of Immigration announced that Australia is adding 22 occupations to the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL).
The PMSOL was first announced in September 2020. The purpose of the list is to identify a small number of occupations that are critical to Australia’s ongoing recovery from the impact of COVID-19.
With the addition of the 22 occupations, the PMSOL now includes 41 occupations in total. The 22 new occupations, including their ANZSCO codes, are:
- Accountant (General) (221111)
- Accountant (Taxation) (221113)
- Accountant (Management) (221112)
- External Auditor (221213)
- Internal Auditor (221214)
- Electrical Engineer (233311)
- Civil Engineer (233211)
- Structural Engineer (233214)
- Geotechnical Engineer (233212)
- Transport Engineer (233215)
- Mining Engineer (233611)
- Petroleum Engineer (233612)
- Surveyor (232212)
- Cartographer (232213)
- Other Spatial Scientist (232214)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (234611)
- Orthotist/Prosthetist (251912)
- Multimedia Specialist (261211)
- Analyst Programmer (261311)
- Software and Applications Programmers (261399)
- ICT Security Specialist (262112)
- Chef (351311)
The Department of Home Affairs will prioritise employer sponsored nomination and visa applications with an occupation on the PMSOL. This strategy applies to existing and future applications, and it’ll reassure businesses and migrants that eligible nominations and applications are assessed ahead of other applications.
Stay up to date with the latest news from Australia
Join our newsletter to be the first to know about changes made by Australia’s Department of Home Affairs! You only need to submit your email address and you can unsubscribe at any time. Does this sound good? Then click here.