Skilled nomination applications for ICT occupations in Victoria reopen on 1 July 2017
Originally this temporary hold was going to be lifted on 30 March 2017 but it was extended until 30 June 2017.
The state stuck to this timeline and as such ICT applications under the Victorian Skilled and Business Migration Program reopens on Saturday, 1 July 2017.
Here’s how you now have to apply
The Victorian Government anticipate that the number of applications will again be high, so the state has amended the application process for ICT occupations.
On their website, the Government say the changes were made to “reduce processing times and hopefully improve your experience with our program.”
The new application process works as follows:
- Ensure that you meet the Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s (DIBP) Skilled Nominated visa (190) requirements as well as Victoria’s nomination requirements.
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) and indicate your interest for Victorian nomination.
- IF you are selected for nomination – submit an online application for nomination within 14 days of receiving your invitation to apply.
- IF you are nominated – receive a SkillSelect invitation.
- Submit your visa application within 60 days.
There are certain exemptions to this process, so please speak to your immigration agent to find out more about these and how you may be affected.
How Intergate can help with applications for ICT occupations in Victoria
If you are interested in working in ICT in Victoria, our team can assess you to see if you meet the requirements. If you do, our advisor will assist you along the rest of the application process.