Global Talent Scheme - State Nomination - South Australia
The Global Talent Scheme (GTS) is a niche pilot scheme under the TSS visa program. The 12 month pilot will run from 1 July 2018.
This visa is for you if:
- You have a job offer from an approved or endorsed employer.
- You have at least 3 years' relevant experience in your occupation.
About the Global Talent Scheme
The GTS is designed to bring globally mobile, highly-skilled and experienced staff to Australia, who can act as 'job multipliers' in Australian businesses, helping them to hire more local staff and fill critical areas of need.
Any position filled through a GTS agreement must provide opportunities for Australians. These opportunities include the:
- Creation of new jobs for Australians; and
- Transfer of skills and knowledge to Australian workers.
An employer must demonstrate how these opportunities are being realised throughout the life of any GTS agreement.
The Global Talent Scheme Streams
There are two streams under the Global Talent Scheme:
- Established Business stream: Enables approved employers to employ highly-skilled individuals to contribute to innovation in an established business, and help make Australian businesses and their Australian employees the best at what they do.
- Startup stream: Enables endorsed start-up businesses to sponsor highly-skilled individuals to contribute to Australia's developing startup ecosystem. This stream is for startups operating in a technology based or STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) related field.
Employers who wants to sponsor skilled workers under the Global Talent Scheme must meet the following criteria:
- Employers must determine that the available position(s) cannot be filled by Australian workers.
- Employers must also ensure that positions cannot be filled through these skilled visa programs:
- Temporary sponsored skilled visas.
- Provisional and Permanent skilled visas.
- Labour agreements.
- Established businesses must be publicly listed or have an annual turnover of at least AUS$4 million for each of the past two years.
- Startups must have received an investment of at least AUD50,000 from an investment fund registered as an Early Stage Venture Capital Limited Partnership and must have received an Accelerating Commercialisation Grant at any time.
Important points to note
You must meet the following basic criteria to qualify for a visa under the Global Talent Scheme:
There a number of other considerations, but if you do not meet the criteria above, your application will not be successful.
Should you get assistance with your application?
Our advice? Yes, absolutely!
This a brand-new visa scheme, so it would be in your best interest to have a licensed immigration adviser by your side.
Such a professional can do an immigration eligibility assessment for you and best advise on how to proceed with your application.
Licensed advisers will also be able to assist you with the compilation and submission of your visa application. Your stress will be cut in half!
The Australian Government's Department of Immigration and Border Protection is very clear about who may provide you with assistance. They state on their website:
'Under the Migration Act 1958, it is against the law for an individual in Australia, who is not a registered migration agent with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority, to provide immigration assistance.
Using unregistered migration agents could leave you at risk of being given incorrect or misleading advice. Also, as you will not have the benefit of consumer protection, an unregistered agent might take your money without providing an adequate service or even any service at all.'
In short, use a registered migration agent. Registered migration agents appear on the MARA website, so if the company and agent are not on the site, do not use their services.
Get your FREE initial assessment here
MARA Licensed Agents
Our immigration agent is licensed by MARA, giving you complete peace of mind during your migration.
Get in touch
South Africa +27 (0) 21 202 8200
UK +44 (0) 2038 732150
Germany +49 (0) 896 987 13