Child Visa (subclass 101) - Enable children to join their parents in Australia
The Child visa (subclass 101) allows a child who is applying from outside Australia to come and live with their parents in Australia.
Who can apply for this visa?
Eligible parents can apply for a Child visa (subclass 101) for their child/ren provided the child is:
- Sponsored by their parent or their parent's partner.
- Younger than 18 years of age, or;
- A full-time student between the ages of 18 and 25; or
- 18 or older and unable to work due to a disability and dependent on the sponsoring parents as a result.
Who qualifies as an eligible parent?
An eligible parent is:
- An Australian citizen;
- The holder of an Australian permanent resident visa; or
- An eligible New Zealand citizen.
What can a child do on a Child visa (subclass 101)?
- Travel and stay in Australia indefinitely.
- Work and study in Australia.
- Enrol in Medicare.
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.
- Travel to and from Australia from five years from the date the visa is granted.
Important points to note
Children younger than 18 years old
When applying for a Child visa, children younger than 18:
- Cannot have a spouse or de facto partner.
- Cannot be engaged to be married.
Children between 18 and 25 years of age
Children between the ages of 18 and 25 must:
- Be a full-time student; but
- Never had had or not now have a spouse or de facto partner;
- Not be engaged to be married; and
- Not be in full-time work.
Who can assist you?
There are many horror stories of people placing their faith and money in companies and individuals, only to be let down and lose thousands of their savings.
This makes screening the person or company you approach for advice on Australian immigration a non negotiable step in the process.
The golden rule to follow is here is always this:
If you cannot find an agent on the official Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA) website, do not use them.
Get your visa application right the first time
with the assistance of our licensed advisors
MARA Licensed Agents
Our immigration agents are licensed by MARA, giving you complete peace of mind during your migration.
Get in touch
South Africa +27 (0) 21 202 8200
Germany +49 (0) 896 987 13