FAQs: Employer Sponsored visas for Australia
Employer Sponsored Visas for Australia make provisions for businesses in Australia and abroad to sponsor skilled workers who have recognised qualifications and skills. In particular this refers to set occupations which are required in Australia. Today we want to share with you some FAQs with regard to employer sponsored visas for Australia.
What is the difference between the employers sponsored visas for Australia and the General Skilled Migration visas?
With the General Skilled Migration Visas for Australia, there are points and a points test involved. However with the employer sponsored visas for Australia, applicants are not tested on points. Please bear in mind there are still set requirements that you will need to meet.
What are my options in terms of the employer sponsored visas for Australia?
You have three options available to you:
- Temporary Work Program – Subclass 457
- The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) – Subclass 186
- The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) – Subclass 187
What are the three employer sponsored Visa Streams?
The Employer Nomination Scheme and The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme are made up of three different streams.
- The Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) stream – for existing subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for the same employer for 2 years in Australia.
- The Direct Entry (DE) stream – for some skilled foreign workers who do not meet the requirements of the TRT stream. This can include high income earners and some New Zealanders.
- The Labour Agreement (‘Agreement’) stream – for individuals sponsored under a labour agreement or Regional Migration Agreement which has been specially negotiated with the Department.
What are the requirements to apply for an employer sponsored visa?
As with all the visa categories, there are set requirements which you will need to meet. Please note in order to qualify you will need to be under 50 years of age.
The application process is made up of various parts. Firstly the nomination by the employer, followed by the actual visa application by the individual being nominated.
I want to live in Australia
If you think that Australia will be a good fit for you and your family and you would like to start your journey to Australia, then feel free to make contact with us. You can call us on +27 (0) 21 202 8200 (South Africa) or +44(0)1392 531730 (UK) or email us here.