Intergate Emigration. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: Intergate Emigration is not an agency of the Australian Government. Our licensed immigration agents have been registered with the Migration Agents Registration Authority.  Our Immigration Licence Registration Number is 1467325. All our services comply with the Immigration Act of Australia and our services with the compiling of visa and permit applications and our relocation services are unavailable through government channels. The application forms used during the immigration process can also be collected free of charge at any Australian Government. Read our privacy policy here.

FAQs: Australia Visitor Visa

/ / Immigration to Australia, Short-term Visas

australia visitor visaIf you are planning on travelling to Australia, you may or may not require an Australia visitor visa. It all depends on various factors and where in the world you are situated.

It is always highly recommended that if you are considering immigrating to Australia that you go and visit the country first.

Today we wanted to share some of the most frequently asked questions with regard to the Australia visitor visa.

What visa do I need to visit Australia?

The visa you need depends on what your visit is for, and how long you plan to stay.

There are five visas for visiting Australia:

  • Visitor visa (subclass 600).
  • Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601).
  • eVisitor (subclass 651).
  • Medical Treatment visa (subclass 602).
  • Special Category visa (subclass 444) – New Zealand Citizens.

What should I know about the visitor visa (subclass 600)?

The Australia visitor visa under this category allow you to visit Australia and remain in the country for a period of up to three months. You are allowed to engage in business activities, provided that:

  • You do not sell goods to the public; and
  • You don’t work for or provide services to a business or organisation in Australia.

This is the most common visa used for people who reside outside of Australia and who would like to visit family and friends for up to three months at a time.

What should I know about the Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601) visa?

This visa subclass lets you enter Australia as many times as you want, for up to three months at a time, for up to 12 months after the visa has been granted. This is suited for tourists or if you are travelling for business visitor purposes.

What should I know about the eVisitor (subclass 651) visa?

eVisitor is for people who hold passports from certain countries and who want to visit Australia for recreational or business purposes. You will be allowed to enter Australia as many times as you need to, for up to three months at a time, for up to 12 months after the visa is granted.

What should I know about the Medical Treatment visa (subclass 602)?

This visa subclass is reserved for people who have certain medical procedures or appointments in Australia.

What should I know about the Special Category visa (subclass 444) – New Zealand Citizens?

This category visa is only for New Zealand citizens who hold a valid New Zealand passport. It is geared towards a person who wants to visit Australia for working, studying or tourism purposes.

I want to visit Australia

If you want to visit Australia, have questions about visiting Australia or need help with emigrating to Australia, then please do not hesitate to contact us. Simply call us on +27 (0) 21 202 8200 or email us here.

MARN number

Get your FREE initial assessment here


Get in touch

South Africa +27 (0) 21 202 8200

UK +44 (0) 2038 732150

Germany +49 (0) 40 889 15973

Read this too...