Business Innovation and Investment program - For Entrepreneurs
Applications are taken under three subclasses, each with its own requirements and allowances. These subclasses are:
1. Business Innovation Stream (Provisional) visa (subclass 188)
The subclass 188 visa under the Business Innovation and Investment program has three streams:
- Individuals who want to own and manage a new or existing business in Australia.
- Individuals who want to make a designated investment in an Australian state or territory, and who wants to maintain business and investment activity in Australia after the original investment has matured.
- The Extension stream. This stream is for applicants who had ownership interest in one or more main businesses that were actively operating in Australia, and continues to have ownership interest in the businesses, for the two years prior to an application.
2. Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent ) visa (subclass 888)
The Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888) under the Business Innovation and Investment program is the second stage of the Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188). You can apply for this visa after you have fulfilled the requirements of your provisional visa.
3. Business Talent (Permanent) visa (subclass 132)
The subclass 132 visa allows you to establish a new business or develop an existing business in Australia. It has two streams:
- Significant Business History stream: For high-calibre business owners or part-owners who want to do business in Australia.
- Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream: For people who have sourced venture capital funding from a member of the Australian Venture Capital Association Limited (AVCAL).
Who can help you?
When you want to migrate to Australia, you must deal with a registered or exempt licensed immigration agents.
If you use anyone else, you won't benefit from the services of a fully licensed and registered consultant. That is, someone who is knowledgeable and who can be held accountable.
This is why we're happy to share that Intergate Emigration has a fully licensed Australian immigration consultant. Her name is Katrin Maja O'Flynn. You can view Katrin Maja's credentials here.
Please also be aware of individuals with DIBP numbers. These numbers are not license numbers. It is simply a number used for admin purposes by immigration companies outside of Australia. Therefore the person you're dealing with is not necessarily licensed!
In conclusion - do not deal with anyone who does not appear on the official licensed immigration advisers website. You can do a search for surnames here. It is a simple search to do and will deliver results quickly.
MARA Licensed Agents
Our immigration agent is licensed by MARA, giving you complete peace of mind during your migration.
Get your FREE initial assessment here
Get in touch
South Africa +27 (0) 21 202 8200
UK +44 (0) 2038 732150
Germany +49 (0) 40 889 15973